Perth's superb position on the banks of the Swan River and nearby hectares of natural bushland in Kings Park make for a city centered on the great outdoors.
But there's more to the west coast capital than great sunshine and a sparkling river. A new cosmopolitan perspective and economic growth has given Perth a cultural confidence which is making its mark on the city skyline and on other aspects of urban life.
Things to do in Perth;
- Get back to nature at Kings Park - home to Western Australian Botanic Garden.
- Visit Barrack Square where you can see The Bell Tower.
- Explore the river on a Swan River cruise or tour.
- Indulge in some city arts and culture at a theatre, museum or art gallery.
- Watch a gold pour demonstration and browse the gold shop at The Perth Mint.
- Head to the shopping and entertainment hot spots beyond the CBD.
- Dine out at one of the many small bars, restaurants and cafes.
- Explore the city and river by bike, kayak or Segway.
- Catch the city sights and attractions on a day tour.
- Take a free guided walking tour of the city with the i-City Volunteers or join a walking tour.
- Go shopping at the wide range of boutique stores and international brands.
- Visit Heirisson Island - the home of a colony of Western Grey Kangaroos.